When it’s matter of transfer website from one server to another server then it became hard in case of large number of files on server.
Here i am describing the way to transfer files using SSH.
- Download putty ( click here to download )
- Open putty
- Add Host name or IP address
- Click on open button
- Login to server using username and passoword.
- ls : it will list all files/folders
- pwd : current location of your files/folder
- cd : change directory
- zip : compress the folder in zip format
- wget : copy the file/folder from one server to another
You can now login to source server by following above steps.once you logged in follow below command.
- Create zip/gzip of your website.
zip -r sitebackup.zip path/of/folder/ [** you can easily find path of folder by using pwd command.]
Now login to destination server by following above steps using putty.once you logged in follow below command.
- Copy the zip format from your source server to destination server.
wget destinationserver.com sourceserver.com/sitebackup.zip
You are all done !!!